Successful candidate must reside in assigned territory (AL, TN, GA) or willing to relocate to territory without relocation assistance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Meet/exceed monthly Smith & Wesson sales volume targets for assigned territory.
- Build a territory sales development plan that ensures key accounts are contacted on a regular basis
- Develop account sales and marketing strategies for AA and A dealers
- Implement approved sales programs for assigned territory. Meet program goals for assigned territories.
- Exceed big box advanced training goals for assigned territories
- Identify product gaps in key accounts within territory and implement sell in plan to expand product placement
- Implement and execute the Advertising Support Program for assigned territory.
- Successfully sell in and execute quarterly dealer and big box push and pull promotions for assigned territory.
- Plan and execute quarterly Smith & Wesson promotional events with the key accounts for assigned territory.
- Monitor and report on competitive activity.
- Conduct monthly Smith & Wesson product training sessions for key accounts and Big Box sales people focusing on key product segments -- Bolt Action Rifles, M&P pistols, M&P rifles, performance center products, X-frames, etc.
- Conduct Smith & Wesson shooting events for key accounts and big box counter sales people
- Support the Sporting Goods sales team by working distributor, buying group, big box and key dealer trade shows and events as requested.
- Investigate and resolve customer service complaints.
- Manage spending by not exceeding your assigned expense budget.
- Manage spending by not exceeding your assigned TDF budgets.
- Manage spending by not exceeding your assigned advertising support budgets
- Submit weekly travel/call schedules.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Sales and Marketing or related field
- A minimum of 3 to 5 years' experience in a sales, marketing or customer service role with a branded consumer products leader, preferably in the sporting goods product category.
- An ability to think ahead and plan over a 1-2 year time span
- The ability to organize and manage multiple priorities
- Sales and service systems development and deployment experience
- Employee training and development experience
- Strong customer orientation
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills including presentation skills
- High performance team experience and the desire to be a strong team player
- Commitment to Company values
- Must have strong command of the English language, both verbal and written communications
- Exceptional skills in MS Office Suite -- Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point
- Complete all necessary training as required by assigned department and position
- Participate in and follow all company initiatives
- Participate in continuous improvement projects (Kaizen events, 5S, etc.)
- Works in an office environment
- Able to sit and work at a computer keyboard for extended periods of time
- Able to lift and move up to 25 pounds occasionally
PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT:
- Safety glasses with side shields and hearing protection required when on factory floor
- The use of additional personal protective equipment (PPE) may be required when a job task(s) is being completed in or around your assigned department or in another department, this includes safety eyewear, hearing protection, and safety footwear
- All employees are required to apply ergonomic principles to all job tasks
- Normal office environment conditions
- Within the Smith & Wesson manufacturing facility, employees may be exposed to manufacturing noise, airborne liquid chemicals, fine particulate dust, ambient temperatures, and industrial lighting
- Work environment is similar to most manufacturing operations. May be exposed to excessive noise, temperatures, hazards associated with working around moving machinery, work in confined quarters, exposure to vibrations and shop lighting
Benefits include competitive medical, dental, and vision coverage for employee and qualifying dependents as well as 401(k) with company match, Profit Sharing plan, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, product discounts, and generous paid time off.
Link to apply: https://recruiting.adp.com/srccar/public/RTI.home?c=1055241&d=External&r=5000579626306&_fromPublish=true#/