American Outdoor Brands Corporation: Network/Systems Engineer
At American Outdoor Brands, we are proud to offer some of the most popular names in the shooting, hunting, and rugged outdoor enthusiast markets!
We are dedicated to creating, growing, and preserving strong consumer brands that deliver innovative and high-quality products. Our efforts focus on meeting the needs of consumers who have a passion for the adventure, freedom, and personal inspiration offered by embracing the great outdoors. We have successfully grown from a single firearms operating division founded in 1852 under the iconic Smith & Wesson brand to four operating divisions today.
With more than 18 highly respected consumer brands -- and growing -- we are well positioned to serve the large outdoor lifestyle products market opportunity. American Outdoor Brands Corporation represents our enhanced strategic direction, our broad range of product offerings, and our plan to continue building upon our portfolio of strong American brands. American Outdoor Brands Corporation serves as the holding company for the historic Smith & Wesson Corp., Battenfeld Technologies, Inc., and Crimson Trace Corporation, which represent our firearms, manufacturing services, accessories, and electro-optics divisions.
We have only just begun our journey toward achieving our vision of being the leading provider of high-quality products for the shooting, hunting, and rugged outdoor enthusiast. This large and growing market is populated by active lifestyle consumers who pursue their activities with passion and seek out brands they can trust. With a track record of creating, preserving, and acquiring respected brands, we remain committed to our future growth -- focusing on brands that best support the needs and lifestyle of our valued customers.
American Outdoor Brands (and its affiliates) is an equal opportunity employer, and considers for employment and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, veteran status, military service, application for military service, physical or mental disability, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable state or local law. Candidates must possess proper authorization to work in the United States and, where applicable, to possess technical data as defined in the International Traffic In Arms Regulations (ITAR) 22 CFR 120.10.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support the following core technologies: VMware vSphere, Microsoft Windows Servers, Cisco Nexus, Cisco Catalyst, Cisco UCS, PaloAlto, Citrix, Office 365, IBM servers, and storage.
- Work with cross-functional teams including IT, Management, and consultants in the design and implementation of information technology that meets stated business objectives and service levels.
- Analyze, recommend, and evaluate new technologies including hardware, software, and communications products for network compatibility and applicability.
- Assist in the design, deployment, and maintenance of corporate LANs, WANs, and wireless networks including servers, routers, switches, VoIP, power systems, and other hardware.
- Assist in the planning, design, and implementation of security systems and their associated software, including firewalls, VPNs, intrusion detection systems, and anti-virus/malware software.
- Test new technologies and proposed changes to current infrastructure in a zero-impact lab environment.
- Receive and respond to incoming calls, pages, and/or e-mails regarding network connectivity problems and respond to emergency network outages in accordance with business continuity procedures.
- Perform preventative and fault isolation maintenance on the local and wide area networks.
- Perform advanced diagnostics and maintenance on all network hardware assets while troubleshooting end-user devices when additional expertise is required.
- Design and implement disaster recovery plans for operating systems, databases, networks, servers, and software applications.
- Assume contractual management responsibilities by assisting in requests for proposals/quotes, vendor selection, and contract monitoring.
- Participate in the development of system standards, short and long-term goals, project management, and strategic directions.
- Create and maintain documentation as it relates to network hardware, configuration, processes, and service records.
- Develop, maintain, and update a library of technical documentation.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES:
- Design and implement appropriate IT metrics and compliance controls.
- Read trade magazines and technical manuals and attend conferences and seminars to maintain up-to-date knowledge of hardware and software.
- Assist co-workers engaged in problem-solving, monitoring, and installing data communication equipment and software.
- Participate in on-call rotation to ensure 24/7 operations of all critical systems.
- Experience, Competencies and Education
- Bachelor's degree in an Information Technology field or equivalent technical experience related to systems, networking, security and communications in a corporate environment.
- 2+ years of relevant hands-on experience.
- The following certifications or equivalent skills are preferred: CCNA, VCP/VCAP, MCSE
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- Language Skills
- Must have a good command of the English language, both verbal and written communications.
- Occasional: bending, kneeling, squatting, standing, walking, reaching, overhead reaching, and fine motor skills.
- Maximum lifting: to 30 pounds.
- Frequent lifting: 5 to 20 pounds.
- Occasional lifting: 20 to 30 pounds.
- Normal office environment and office lighting.
- The use of personal protective equipment (PPE) may be required when a job task(s) is being completed in or around your assigned department or in anther department, this includes vision, hearing, and footwear.
- Within the Smith & Wesson manufacturing facility employees may be exposed to manufacturing noise, airborne liquid chemicals, fine particulate dust, ambient temperatures, and industrial lighting.
- All employees are required to apply ergonomic correctness to all job tasks.
Applicants must be a "US person" or equivalent as defined by ITAR regulations to comply with US government export control regulations and requirements for this position. A "US person" is a US Citizen, a Naturalized US Citizen, or a Permanent Alien.
Benefits include competitive medical, dental, and vision coverage for employee and qualifying dependents as well as 401(k) with company match, Profit Sharing plan, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, product discounts, and generous paid time off.
Link to apply: